Logo
  Tuesday, August 20, 2019
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

Search for the missing miners at a mine in West Siberia, which was struck by a methane blast on Monday, may take another three days
A search for the missing miners at a mine in West Siberia, which was struck by a methane blast on Monday, may take another three days, the region's governor said Wednesday. The latest reports say 107 people died in the explosion and three people were still missing as of 9.00 a.m., Moscow time. Kemerovo Region Governor Aman Tuleyev said, "We believe bodies are located in flooded areas [in the mine], it could take up to three days to find them." Russian Emergencies Minister Sergei Shoigu told a conference in Novokuznetsk that divers were searching for people in the flooded areas, but it was a slow process as their efforts were hampered by debris. Shoigu also said that additional pump equipment and electricity cables had been bought in to pump water out of the shaft and improve ventilation in the mine. Tuleyev said all the bodies found in the mine had been brought to the surface and 26 had been identified. There were 203 miners at the time of the explosion, of which 93 have been rescued.
Print Search for the missing miners at a mine in West Siberia, which was struck by a methane blast on Monday, may take another three days Bookmark Search for the missing miners at a mine in West Siberia, which was struck by a methane blast on Monday, may take another three days

Related News   
FebMarch 2007Apr
MoTuWeThFrSaSu
2627281234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930311
2345678