Logo
  Sunday, June 16, 2019
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

The methane concentration in the Yubileinaya coalmine has considerably reduced through the intensive ventilation
The methane concentration in the Yubileinaya coalmine has considerably reduced through the intensive ventilation, chief of the Kemerovo regional department of the Federal Atomic, Environmental and Technological Supervisory Service Andrei Malakhov told Itar-Tass on Sunday. He leads the state commission investigating the recent accident at Yubileinaya. Commission representatives are trying to reach the disaster zone at the depth of 520 meters. That area is still hazy. Expensive mining equipment with the overall value of 600 million rubles was abandoned there. In the opinion of experts, the accident might have resulted from the natural course of events, as a sudden emission of methane was registered in that area. They also think that a coal seam might have ruptured under the pressure of a boring machine. The regional administration said earlier that the damaged sector of the coalmine will not be flooded, as that would affect the entire venture. It is possible to seal off the damaged area and resume the coalmine operation in late June. However, the costly equipment will have to be retrieved before that. The federal service has given the state commission 15 days to investigate the accident. Meanwhile, the death rate has grown to 39, as another worker died at hospital. Four Yubileinaya workers were buried in the city of Novokuznetsk on Sunday. A church service was held prior to the burial, a source at the regional administration told Itar-Tass. Another 34 workers were buried on Saturday. The funeral of the latest victim, 33-year-old Eduard Lyakh, has been planned for Monday. Yuzhkuzbassugol, the owner of the damaged coalmine, is covering the funeral expenses. Representatives of the company, the Novokuznetsk administration and psychologists are keeping contact with the dead miners’ families. Kemerovo Governor Aman Tuleyev has presented profound condolences to families and friends of the victims. He told the families that each of them will receive up to 2 million rubles alongside one million paid under an agreement between the coalmine owner and the regional administration. Their living conditions will improve, children will receive education, and rehabilitation services will be available. A special commission was formed in Novokuznetsk to that effect. The Yubileinaya accident occurred on May 24 and claimed 39 lives. Meanwhile, the Yuzhkuzbassugol management will sell out their stakes, General Director Georgy Lavrik said on May 25. In his words, Evraz Holding, which currently controls 50% of the company, will buy the stock. The change of the owner will not affect Yuzhkuzbassugol employees, as the modernization and development of coalmines will go on, he said. The deal will soon be prepared by lawyers, Chairman of the Evraz Holding Board of Directors Alexander Abramov said in Novokuznetsk earlier in the day. He said they wanted to buy stakes from all individuals. So far, the company stock is divided between Evraz Holding and three managers – Lavrik, Financial Director Yuri Kushnerov and Production Director Alexander Govor. If Evraz Holding enlarges its share in the coal mining company, it will add Yuzhkuzbassugol indices to its financial records. Tuleyev has said that the new owner should reshuffle the administration of all Yuzhkuzbassugol coalmines and hire the best managers from Russia and abroad. The governor called for changing the company administration on Thursday because of the recent major accidents at the Ulyanovskaya and Yubileinaya coalmines.
Print The methane concentration in the Yubileinaya coalmine has considerably reduced through the intensive ventilation Bookmark The methane concentration in the Yubileinaya coalmine has considerably reduced through the intensive ventilation

Related News   
AprMay 2007Jun
MoTuWeThFrSaSu
30123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031123
45678910