Logo
  Tuesday, October 20, 2020
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

An 80-year-old resident of Pyatigorsk in the North Caucasus was killed
An 80-year-old resident of Pyatigorsk in the North Caucasus was killed by poisonous fumes when he used four electric irons to keep his bed warm, a local emergencies spokesman said on Friday.

"The elderly man tried to get warm," the spokesman said. "He put four hot irons on his bed and was killed by the toxic fumes from the smoldering blankets while he slept."

Since the beginning of this month, mishandling of electrical devices has caused seven fires in the Stavropol Territory in which Pyatigorsk is located, resulting in two deaths.

On January 5, a 70-year-old woman from the region was rushed to hospital with severe burns after her clothes caught fire when she tried to warm herself up near an electric stove.


Print An 80-year-old resident of Pyatigorsk in the North Caucasus was killed Bookmark An 80-year-old resident of Pyatigorsk in the North Caucasus was killed

Related News   
DecJanuary 2008Feb
MoTuWeThFrSaSu
31123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031123
45678910