Logo
  Friday, April 10, 2020
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

A sable died from food poisoning
A sable died from food poisoning in a zoo in East Siberia, after visitors overfed the animal, a zoo spokesman said on Monday.

Despite a sign saying "Do not feed the animals," visitors threw titbits, including candies and even cigarettes, into the sable's enclosure at the zoo in the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia).

"We are all outraged by such a flagrant mistreatment of animals," the source said. "Time and time again we warn our guests, ask them not to feed the animals, but not all visitors comply with the rules."

He added that every day zoo experts work out a personal diet for each animal, depending on its health needs. In the period of spring vitamin deficiency, animals receive food rich in calories and vitamins, supplemented with cod liver oil and minerals.

The zoo, which has 123 different species of animals, has about 50,000 visitors every year.


Print A sable died from food poisoning Bookmark A sable died from food poisoning

Related News   
MarApril 2008May
MoTuWeThFrSaSu
31123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
2829301234
567891011