Logo
  Friday, December 13, 2019
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

Nuclear facilities and radioactive sources in China's Sichuan Province
Nuclear facilities and radioactive sources in China's Sichuan Province have been declared safe following last week's earthquake, news agency Xinhua quoted the environment minister as saying on Tuesday.

Zhou Shengxian said 32 radioactive sources in the southwest Chinese province had been buried under debris in the quake, of which 30 have been recovered by authorities.

Authorities have located the other two radioactive sources, and they will soon be excavated and transported to safety, the minister said.

The quake has left more than 34,000 people dead, and it is feared the toll may exceed 50,000. Over 220,000 people have been injured and several thousand are believed to be trapped beneath the debris.

On Monday, China declared three days of national mourning. All national flags in China and its embassies abroad are flying at half mast, public entertainment is cancelled, and the Olympic torch relay has been suspended.


Print Nuclear facilities and radioactive sources in China's Sichuan Province Bookmark Nuclear facilities and radioactive sources in China's Sichuan Province

Related News   
AprMay 2008Jun
MoTuWeThFrSaSu
2829301234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930311
2345678