Logo
  Sunday, May 29, 2022
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

A 23-year-old student has died at a Taiwan university after taking
A 23-year-old student has died at a Taiwan university after taking part in a dumpling eating contest, the China Post daily reported on Friday.

The Chinese daily said the annual contest was organized by the Da Yeh University, near Changhua, in western Taiwan. Some 60 participants ate two dumplings, with a fried egg inserted.

Chen Chun-sheng, weighing around 90 kilograms, was "certainly a fast-eater," another participant told the newspaper. After the contest finished, Chen went to a nearby toilet, and a friend later found him sprawled on the floor.

Doctors said "he died of asphyxia, or lack of oxygen and excess of carbon dioxide in the blood," the newspaper said.

The university authorities banned all student eating contests after the tragedy, and offered $300 to the grief-stricken mother as "comfort money," promising to pay another $30,000 in insurance payment.


Print A 23-year-old student has died at a Taiwan university after taking Bookmark A 23-year-old student has died at a Taiwan university after taking

Related News   
SepOctober 2008Nov
MoTuWeThFrSaSu
293012345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
272829303112
3456789