Logo
  Thursday, August 6, 2020
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

Up to 150 members of the Jamaat group of Wahhabis took part in the attack on Nalchik
Up to 150 members of the Jamaat group of Wahhabis took part in the attack on Nalchik, President of Kabardino-Balkariya Arsen Kanokov told Itar-Tass on Thursday. "We have information that taking part in the attack were both local Wahhabis and outsiders, including from Chechnya. Some 50 militants were destroyed as police rebuffed the attack on government bodies in Nalchik and in shootouts in the streets. Part of the militants were captured alive," Kanokov said. He did not specify how many militants have been captured. "There was no panic in the city. The militants failed to foil the work of executive bodies or seize any facility, the president underlined. He categorically denied the media reports alleging that the gunmen had seized a school and a kindergarten: "It's absolute nonsense; on the contrary, police have evacuated children." Preliminary reports said the attack had left 12 civilians dead and that another 50 had been hospitalized. As of now, seven police have been reported killed. "Militants are now scattered around the city and suburbs; they are being hunted down and destroyed," Kanokov said.
Print Up to 150 members of the Jamaat group of Wahhabis took part in the attack on Nalchik Bookmark Up to 150 members of the Jamaat group of Wahhabis took part in the attack on Nalchik

Related News   
SepOctober 2005Nov
MoTuWeThFrSaSu
262728293012
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31123456