Logo
  Sunday, September 15, 2019
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

Man suspected of being involved in a bloody attack last summer in Chechnya has been apprehended
A man suspected of being involved in a bloody attack last summer in Chechnya has been apprehended, a local law enforcement source said Monday. The suspect is thought to have been a member of a major militant gang that attacked a group of Interior Ministry's troops on August 14, 2005, leaving five officers and soldiers dead and one seriously wounded. The source said that the man had been armed when he was detained. "The detainee had a self-made hand grenade," he said. The attack last year was one of the bloodiest of its kind in recent years. The militants struck the village of Roshni-Chu in central Urus-Martan district of Chechnya, where they burned down the mayor's house burned and the local military commandant. Chechnya's interior minister said in September that 30 militants involved in the attack, including gang leader Kazbek Batalov, had been killed and six members arrested.
Print Man suspected of being involved in a bloody attack last summer in Chechnya has been apprehended Bookmark Man suspected of being involved in a bloody attack last summer in Chechnya has been apprehended

Related News   
MayJune 2006Jul
MoTuWeThFrSaSu
2930311234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293012
3456789